What do I need to do to apply for SSI when my child turns 18?

When your child turns 18, you can fill out the Disability Report online at //secure.ssa.gov/iClaim/dib. After this step is complete, you need to call and schedule an appointment to complete the SSI application over the phone or in person with SSA. You will need to also complete a Work History Report, Function Report and testing with an SSA psychologist. Please be informed that SSA will take applications for both SSI and SSDI to ensure your child is considered for all benefits s/he may be eligible for.

This is a unique website which will require a more modern browser to work!

Please upgrade today!