What is an authorized representative?

An authorized representative is a person given permission, by the individual receiving or applying for benefits, to speak with HHSC or SSA and help take care of paperwork on their behalf. To become someone’s authorized rep, form H1003 must be signed and filed with HHSC or form SSA 1696 with SSA.

This is a unique website which will require a more modern browser to work!

Please upgrade today!